DSV and Panalpina - achieving more together - see more at dsv.com
Shippers of full container load (FCL) have to submit VGM data to freight forwarders such as Panalpina in line with the mandatory amendments to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS). The international box weighing rules came into effect on July 1, 2016.
To facilitate safe and convenient submission of the VGM data, Panalpina provides a web-based VGM Portal which allows you to:
- submit the VGM data of FCL bookings in time,
- see VGM cut-off times and special terminal and/or pick-up directives,
- control submission status,
- receive alert notifications in case of missing or incomplete VGM data close to the cut-off time,
- pass on a shipment-specific link to a third party (e.g. weighing station)
- set up and manage user profiles within your organization.
The VGM Portal requires a user account which can only be set up and authorized by invitation from Panalpina. If you would like to make use of the VGM Portal, please get in touch with your local Panalpina contact that will be glad to forward the invitation.
As soon as your account has been set up and authorized, the VGM Portal will support you in submitting VGM data for every FCL container you ship through us.
For each booking you have placed with Panalpina, the system will send you an email notification as soon as you can submit the respective VGM data.